Masters Degree, the next step or is it?

The dreaded time has come where my parents and majority of adults continually ask me what Masters Degree I'm applying for. Errm guys, hold on one minute, am I even getting this undergraduate degree? Just a quick reminder. Im currently a final year student and trust me when I tell you the whole thing is bittersweet. Im happy because soon I'll be done with school but at the same time I'm almost sad because what am I really going to do after school? Up to now I still have no idea what I'm going to do with my life. Ok wait, thats a white lie, I have a slight idea. Perhaps you may be reading this and thinking "Don't worry, you're still young, you still have time" or you're probably part of my school of thought which says "ahhh!! what direction is my life going!?". I completely understand what the first option is saying but such a concept is so hard to grasp because although I may not have a complete idea as to what I would like to venture into after Uni but that does not mean I would want to go on to do my Masters Degree. Not that theres anything wrong with it but I just feel like theres more. My Deputy Dean said to me " Don't get a Masters degree just for the sake of it,  you need to have an interest in it as well." And this really got me deeply thinking about it. Also...not going lie, Im not exactly an academic so if I do happen to pursue this degree in the future, hopefully by then i'll have a clearer path, and i'll know it in my gut. As much we would like to please our parents, its important to remember whose life you're living...yours or your parents. 

With that said, I'm about to go risk it all, wish me luck.Peace!!


What do you think about the Masters Degree notion?


Comments

Popular Posts